Shelter, food and miracles. Every day.
Miracle Hill exists that homeless children and adults receive food and shelter with compassion, hear the Good News of Jesus Christ, and move toward healthy relationships and stability.
Our vision is that each South Carolina Upstate county has adequate and accessible housing options for homeless men, women, and children. Compassionate services point individuals to Christ and move them toward wholeness, stability, and healthy critical relationships.
- Miracle Hill plays a leadership and facilitative role, with local services shaped by and made possible through resources provided by like-minded Christians in the communities served.
- Miracle Hill is a catalyst for spiritual, emotional and physical health for those who serve as well for those served.
Founded in 1937, we are a non-profit organization in the Upstate of South Carolina dedicated to providing extensive services to individuals and families in the form of food, shelter, clothing, personal development, addiction recovery support, and residential and foster care for children. With your help we have become the largest and most comprehensive provider of shelter and food to homeless children and adults in Upstate South Carolina – with nine facility locations and transitional housing throughout Greenville, Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Pickens counties.
Miracle Hill Ministries:
- Serves thousands of free meals to those living in our shelters and within our communities.
- Provides safe, warm shelter for on average 560 homeless and hurting children, women and men each day – and even more during cold weather.
- Through its children’s ministry, operates two shelters for at-risk boys and young men – Miracle Hill Boys’ Shelter and Homes for Life, a children’s home, a foster care program for children, and a family support program to provide family strengthening.
- Offers four emergency shelters – Shepherd’s Gate and three Rescue Missions located in Greenville, Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties.
- Leads two recovery programs for those facing life dominating addictions, Overcomers for men and Renewal for women, and transitional housing for program graduates.
- Operates eight thrift stores and an auto sales operation where your donations and purchases equal shelter, food and miracles for the homeless.
- Employs trained staff that provide case management, personal and group counseling, daily devotions and educational opportunities for those in our care.
- Relies on thousands of committed volunteers to provide the necessary manpower to help the ministry accomplish its mission.
We are blessed to partner with a host of individuals, regional and national foundations, churches of various denominations, and businesses to help us achieve our mission. The needs are many and we wouldn’t be able to continue our services without the help of the community.
Miracle Hill’s name developed from a miracle on “The Hill” at Miracle Hill Children’s Home situated at the foot of Table Rock. Volunteer construction workers prayed that the rain would hold off around their site – and it did – on what is now known as Miracle Hill. Today, Miracle Hill Ministries helps provide miracles to others by restoring hope to those who have often lost everything.
It’s been said that “if you can’t find a friend in the world, you can find one here.”